Quinoa pesto salad with sundried tomatoes! It’s a quick and easy quinoa salad recipe that is dairy-free and a perfect healthy lunch or side dish.
Obsessed: Quinoa Pesto Salad + Side Dish?
This quinoa sundried tomato salad has been my latest obsession. For real. As a result, I would like to serve it as a side this for almost all my meals.
For example, it’s perfect next to these dishes:
- Salt crusted white fish – Quick & juicy keto salt-crusted fish made with Italian technique. It’s one of my favorites wow effect recipes that is perfect on a dinner table. Yes, it’s paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free & low carb.
- Zucchini fritters – Yes, it’s quick! Yes, it’s gluten-free & paleo. Also, I used almond flour for this! Somehow I just don’t like the other gluten-free flours.
- Garlic prawns – Easy, quick, dairy-free paleo & keto garlic prawns marinade with herbs. A perfect treat on top of the paleo salads.
- Paleo Chicken Schnitzel – Almond flour crispy crumble crust as
a comfort foodfor quick low carb keto weeknight dinner.
Save Time: Ready-To-Go Quinoa
Quinoa is something that I usually like to have ready-to-go in my fridge. It’s one of the easiest ways to have a quick healthy salad for lunch. Therefore, it saves me tons of time when I make some extra quinoa when I boil it. Some of my other quinoa recipes:
- Quinoa wraps with lettuce & avocado – My favorite gathering snack!
- Quinoa salmon & mayo salad – Homemade mayonnaise + quick & easy lunch idea.
- Chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl – Yes, quinoa is a seed! Soaked quinoa?!
Quinoa Pesto Salad with Sundried Tomatoes (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
Serve for 2
Preparation: 10 minutes
Nutritional information (per one serving, about 110 g): 248,1 kcal, Protein: 6,3,9 g, Net Carbs: 24,8 g, Fat: 12,1 g
For the Salad:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (look at the package instructions. Usually you need 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water and cook it for 15 minutes)
- about 10 chopped sundried tomatoes (Hack: use scissors to cut the tomatoes)
- handful of spinach
- 4 bigger handfuls of fresh rocket leaves
- one handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt & black pepper
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional, if you’ re on a paleo diet or your body doesn’t tolerate it, then use an extra handful of cashews to balance it up)
- about 6 -10 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Make the pesto. Blend all the pesto ingredients. Add some extra salt, pepper or olive oil when needed.
- Mix cooked quinoa, sundried tomatoes & spinach leaves. Add about 3 – 4 tbsp of pesto. Keep the leftover pesto in a small jar covered with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve the salad right away.**
*If you don’t serve the salad as a side dish, then you can always add some smoked chicken or other meat to serve it as a quick lunch.
** If you don’t want to serve the salad right away, then add the spinach leaves just before serving.