It’s time! You can’t image how long I have been waiting for those wild mushrooms straight from the forest! Mushrooms are finally here and I’m the one who goes straight to the forest to pick mushrooms. The time what I spent in nature is just always the time well spent! Some fresh air and walking in the forest and my mind is just clear again. In addition, when I can have my dinner straight from the forest, then I’m just in heaven!
Creamy Paleo Butternut Pumpkin Mushroom Pasta
serve for 4
- 450 – 500 g butternut pumpkin (butternut squash, cleaned, peeled)
- 350- 400 g chanterelles (or other mushrooms)
- 2-3 slices of bacon (optional, leave it out when you want it vegan or vegetarian)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup (about 1,2 dl) soaked cashews
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-7 tbsp cashew milk
- For seasoning: pink Himalayan salt, pepper, turmeric, dry paprika, Cayenne pepper, fresh basil
- Clean the butternut pumpkin. Cut ribbons with a vegetable peeler (they should look like tagliatelle).
- For the creamy sauce, blend all the soaked cashews. Season. Add olive oil and cashew milk.
- Heat the saucepan and bake the bacon (if you use it). Add diced onions and fry for few minutes.
- Add garlic and fry for 15 seconds and then add mushrooms. Season and cook until most of the water comes out.
- Add the pumpkin ribbons and cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the creamy cashew sauce, season and let it simmer for a few minutes.