My paleo & keto chicken zoodles (zucchini noodles) recipe with tomatoes and chicken. Excellent comfort food pasta alternative for weeknight dinner recipes.
Simple recipes are the best
I’m gone be honest with you. I have A LOT of super easy recipes that I make almost every week or at least every month. I haven’t written them down because I feel like these are too simple. However, when I look at my blog stats and feedback, then I realize that you all love the simple dinner recipes.
All-time favorite dinner recipe
Today I’m going to share one of my all-time favorite dinner recipes. I usually don’t even have pasta at home. Therefore my favorite kind of “pasta” has been zoodles for the last five years. As a result, it just satisfies all my cravings for heavy and creamy pasta. The best part is that it tastes good and I feel light after eating an extra big bowl of this keto chicken zoodles.
Thank you vegetable spiralizer “god”
I must thank for the person who ever discovered the spiralizer because it makes everything taste so good! I’m quite sure that the dish wouldn’t be that good when I would chop zucchini. Therefore, it seems like the texture makes everything better for this keto chicken zoodles.
If you don’t have a vegetable spiralizer, then you can always use your vegetable peeler and make zucchini tagliatelle.
If you like healthy cooking, then I certainly recommend buying one. It doesn’t matter what kind of spiralizer you buy as long as it works. I have tried different ones, and I think that are all quite similar. Just different prices.
Paleo & Keto Chicken Zoodles with Tomatoes & Spiced Cashews
Serve for 4 people
Time in Total: 19 minutes (+/- 1 minute)
Nutritional information (per serving): 411,1 kcal, Protein: 45,7 g, Net Carbs: 11,7 g, Fat: 18,8 g
- ½ tsp coconut butter
- 1 medium diced onion
- 450- 500 g chicken fillets
- 1 minced garlic
- Two medium zucchinis
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 7-10 cherry tomatoes (chop half)
- 100 g raw cashews* (for seasoning: turmeric, paprika, and salt)
- For seasoning: salt, pepper, dry oregano & basil
Special equipment: vegetable spiralizer
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add coconut butter and diced onions. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the onions.
- Dice the chicken into 2 cm pieces.
- Add chicken and minced garlic on a pan. Season with basil, oregano salt & pepper. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, spiralize the zucchini. Cut them shorter when needed. If you don’t have special spiralizer, then just use your vegetable peeler and make ribbons out of zucchini.
- Add crushed tomatoes and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Roast the cashews in another pan (or oven) until golden. Season with paprika, turmeric, and salt.
- Finally add spiralized zoodles, cherry tomatoes and season with extra salt when needed. Cook for another 1 minute then turn off heat.
- Serve the chicken zoodles with spiced cashews and fresh basil. Enjoy!
* You can use fewer cashews when you are on a keto diet.
Classical Comment Begging 123 🙄
If this post was helpful, then please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylauracom or another platform.
It helps me to create better content & I know you would like to read more about this topic.