Easy & quick vegan, paleo, dairy-free & refined sugar-free quince tea that resembles pineapples, lemons, and vanilla! A perfect cold remedy when you need some immunity boost for cold weather (also easy ice cube trick)
Japanese quince? Is it popular in your country? 🙈
In Estonia we call it “ebaküdoonia” & I like to use it for tea.😍
It’s one of the nordic superfoods that many of us has forgotten. However, even my grandparents used it in the fall time since it has various health benefits. Futhermore, Japanese quince has that addictive aroma that resembles pineapples, lemons, and vanilla.
It has three primary medicinal uses:
- Anti-inflammatory in joint and muscle problems;
- Treat and cure seasonal respiratory illness – Yes, it’s perfect when you have a little cold (also, my other cold
–weather drink recipe is here);
- General tonic to stimulate health or recovery from illness.
Quince Tea: Nordic Superfood & Cold Weather Comfort Drink (Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free)
Serve for 1
Time in Total: 3 minutes
Nutritional information (per serving): 27 kcal, Protein: 0,1 g, Net Carbs: 7,3 g, Fat: 0 g
- 1 tsp of Japanese quince (grated very thinly)
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 cup of water.
Mix all the ingredients & enjoy your warm fall drink.
Tip: Grate the quince very thinly (or use the food processor). Secondly, Put the mixture into ICE CUBE molds and straight into the freezer for wintertime. Therefore, every time you make the tea, add one quince ice cube into the hot water.