What do you see?
If you look at the picture then you can quite easily be fooled by that. When I look at that picture without knowing what´s in it I would probably say truffles with milk chocolate ganache covered with white chocolate chunks or coconut. But the truth is that these truffles don’t consist milk chocolate, white sugar, cream or white chocolate. Instead, they consist magical cocoa butter, powder, dates, sunflower seeds and almond meal. How real is that? Yes, I can guarantee you that´s real!
These energy bites are perfect for a quick energy boost or a snack. It´s exactly what you need for your brain when you feel tired. I usually eat some of these while I study or I enjoy them next to my morning coffee.
Almost like White and Milk Chocolate Energy Bites
About 18- 20 truffles
- 1,5 dl sunflower seeds
- 2 dl (about 80 g) almond meal
- 2 dl juicy dates (or dry, but then soak them for 5 minutes in a hot water)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp melted cocoa butter or coconut butter
- For decoration: cocoa butter (or desiccated coconut*)
- Blend cocoa butter in a food processor until there are small “white chocolate” chunks. Set aside until later.
- Blend sunflower seeds in a food processor until smooth. Add dates, almond meal, cocoa powder and melted cocoa butter. Blend until smooth and the mixture sticks together. Taste the mixture and add maple syrup when needed.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and dip them into “white chocolate” chunks.
- Put them in the fridge for few hours until set.**
* If you don´t have this then you don´t have to give up the recipe and you can just make coconut bites and use desiccated coconut.
** Keep them in an airtight container and use in a few weeks.