Quinoa is so good for you! The health effects of quinoa go way beyond the vitamins and minerals we’re all familiar with. There are thousands of trace nutrients in there which are extremely healthy. It´s full of important molecules which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-cancer and anti-depressant effects. In addition, it´s spring in Australia! Yes, I know that´s in Europe it´ s the end of autumn and soon will be winter but here everything is mixed. So, when it´s spring, it´s time to enjoy asparagus! This recipe here is something really simple, quick and at the same time good for your health!
Quinoa Salad with Asparagus
Serve for 2-3
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1 bigger tomato
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 5-7 asparagus
- 1 tsp coconut butter or usual butter
- 1 tbsp shaved parmesan (optional)
- For seasoning: Salt, Pepper, Herbs (for example basil, oregano, thyme mix)
- Prepare the quinoa as the package introductions say. Usually, you need 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water and then simmer the quinoa in low heat about 15-20 minutes until there´s no water. I suggest you add some salt and 1 clove of minced garlic into the quinoa water.
- Grill Asparagus on a grill or use a frying pan to grill the asparagus in coconut butter or usual butter.
- When quinoa is ready to pour it into a saucepan and mix with cubed tomatoes and fresh spinach. Season the warm quinoa salad with herb and salt.
- Add wine and heat it until alcohol goes out.
- Let the salad simmer for few minutes.
- Serve warm quinoa salad with grilled asparagus and decorate with parmesan.