It´s the end of the summer but we can still find a lot of vegetables in the garden. So, if you are already sick of eating them raw, then for a change you can grill whatever vegetables you can find in your garden (Btw, I have been dreaming about this grill). Then add some quinoa and you will get a delicious and nutritious meal what your body needs to get ready for winter.
Warm Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 0,5 dl quinoa (choose your own color) or 1/2 blended cauliflower (cauliflower rice
- 1 small zucchini
- 8 smaller sliced mushrooms (You can choose your own mushrooms, I used champignons)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped shallot onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- Some basil leaves
- For the balsamic vinegar sauce: 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp mustard, pepper, salt
- Firstly, make the quinoa by boiling 0,5 dl quinoa with 1 dl water (if you can’t eat quinoa, then just blend the cauliflower). Add some salt and half of the minced garlic. Boil the quinoa for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Grill mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes until golden (you can do this all in a saucepan but then add some coconut oil).
- Caramelize garlic and shallots in a saucepan and add grilled mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, and quinoa (or blended cauliflower).
- Add white wine and wait a few minutes until alcohol comes out.
- For the dressing, whisk all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Serve the salad with feta cheese, basil leaves and top it with dressing.