The strawberries are finally here and I just can’t describe how much I enjoy it! They are just one of the magical ingredients that can make everything good! So, here is one simple recipe that is super easy and doesn’t take a lot of time!
Strawberry Chia Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- 2,5 dl cashew milk
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground vanilla bean pod or vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 400 ml chilled coconut milk (let it sit in the fridge for overnight, the choice of coconut milk or cream is very important. There are many brands which have many additives or thickeners and because of that, they don’t separate even after weeks in the refrigerator (so try to choose more natural ones which have fewer thickeners inside). After chilling, you should get liquid and thickened cream like cream cheese on top. If you don´t have that, then there´s something wrong with the coconut cream)
- 2 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- Mix together cashew milk with ¼ tsp vanilla, ½ tsp of honey, salt and chia seeds. Let the chia seeds soak in the milk for about half an hour or more.
- Chop some strawberries at the bottom of the jar.
- Add soaked chia pudding.
- Make the coconut whipped cream:
- Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight or more. (Make sure that you don´t shake the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid).
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes in the refrigerator before whipping.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge without shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (for example, use in smoothies).
- Put hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Whip on high for 15 minutes until the whipped cream is soft, fluffy and it holds soft peaks. After 5-7 minutes you can add 1 ½ tsp honey and ¼ tsp vanilla.
- Add the whipped cream on top of the chia pudding.
- Decorate with strawberries and serve.