The greenhouse and gardens are full of tomatoes. If you want to try something new with tomatoes then put the tomatoes into the oven and you will get some new tastes. Usually, Italians roast tomatoes and eat warm tomatoes too. It´s just so fantastic how these tomatoes taste when they are roasted in the oven and have some basil for the taste. It´s a perfect side dish for meat or fish.
- About 4 big tomatoes
- Some fresh or dried basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- About 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 347° F.
- Cut the tomatoes half horizontally and then use a sharp knife to remove the stems.
- Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and basil. Put one slice of mozzarella on every tomato.
- Bake the tomatoes for half an hour until the cheese melts.