In my opinion, the healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean that I can’t eat chocolate for the rest of my life. There must be a reason why our body likes chocolate. Cocoa itself is actually super good for our body. There are just endless benefits of cocoa. For example, it can improve our memory, reduce heart diseases, boost immunity and shed fat. It’s just such a great ingredient for good energy, shiny hair, strong nails, blood pressure, skin, and liver. The only problem is that the usual chocolate has been processed a lot and that’s the reason why most of the good benefits are gone. In addition, all the refined sugar doesn’t make it even better. So there has been some researches that raw cocoa contains more than four times antioxidants than regular dark chocolate. Some studies have even found that cocoa with dairy blocks the absorption of antioxidants and you can’t get most out of the cocoa. So the best solution to enjoy chocolate is always to look for is less processed cocoa.
I know that the real cocoa butter is quite expensive but I personally don’t mind to spend the money on that when I can eat real chocolate! In addition, I can always find some solutions to get cheaper raw cocoa butter, paste, and raw cocoa powder. I like to order a lot of it and I can always be sure that it doesn’t go bad. It can stay in my cupboard forever and I can even use it for homemade beauty products. Obviously, it doesn’t stay there forever and I use it up quickly! 🙂 So, instead of buying expensive dark chocolate and beauty products (such as body oils, hair and skin masks) I usually spend money on one or two kilograms of cocoa butter. There are just endless ways to use this superfood and when it becomes a habit, then it’s super easy to use it.
Raw Chocolate with Hemp Seeds
- 80 g organic cocoa butter (white)
- 30 g organic raw cocoa powder
- 180 g juicy dates (pitted)
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp organic peeled hemp seeds
- Smash the dates with a fork or a blender (if your dates are a little bit dry, then soak them in a hot water for 10 minutes).
- Blend the dates with cocoa butter and cocoa powder until creamy.
- Press the chocolate into a form or a box and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Put the form in the refrigerator for 6 hours (or into the freezer for few hours).