The last few weeks I have been stuck with Uni work. So, I haven’t spend as much time in the kitchen as I would love to. However, like always I still like to keep my diet clean because otherwise, my stomach might start to protest.
Even when I’m busy with all kind of things, then I always try to make sure that I eat the right way. I’m just sure that when I lose control over my training and eating, then my stress level would be even worst. These times I just try to make quick and healthy meals that don’t take a lot of time. One of my busy times’ recipes is this quinoa and salmon salad that is full of all the good things that my body usually needs.
Quinoa Salmon Mayo Salad
Serve for 2
Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2-3 tbsp homemade olive oil mayonnaise (click here to see the recipe)
- 1,5 dl quinoa
- 4 handfuls of green salad mix
- 150 g smoked salmon pieces (or cooked leftover salmon)
- 5-8 cherry tomatoes
- Some black pepper for seasoning
- Boil 1,5 dl quinoa with 3 dl water. Add some salt. Boil the quinoa for 15 minutes on low heat until cooked (sometimes I prepare even more. It makes it easier to make quick salads for lunch). Set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the homemade olive oil mayonnaise (click here to see the recipe).
- When the quinoa has cooled down a little bit, then mix it with mayonnaise and salmon.
- Serve the quinoa and salmon mix with green leaves and cherry tomatoes. Add some extra pepper when needed.