Yellow beans are already ready in the garden. They fit perfectly together with pike-perch (zander). It is a good alternation for usual salmon which is so often used. As always I usually buy a whole zander to get a fresher fish and then fillet it by myself. This time I made a simple zander with yellow beans. I tied to keep the recipe easy because in my opinion zander is very light and delicate fish and doesn´t like to be over seasoned.
Pike Perch with Beans
- 300 g pike perch (zander) fillet
- Rosemary branches (about 3)
- 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls of yellow beans
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut butter
- Season the fillet with salt and pepper. Add some rosemary branches.
- Squeeze half of the lemon on the top of the fish and let the fish season for 5 minutes. Add a few lemon slices.
- Add butter pieces on the top of the fish.
- Cook the fish on the grill or in the oven on the grill regime 15-20 minutes at 200° C/ 392 F° until ready. When the fish has been in the oven for 10 minutes then add beans and a little bit of butter.
- Serve with fresh lemon.