Pesto Chicken with Fresh Salad
- 2 chicken fillets
- 5 tbsp homemade pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Pepper (optional)
- For salad:
- 1 handful of salad leaves
- about 10 small tomatoes or 1-2 big tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 1 crunched glove of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- Crunched sea salt
- First, do the butterflying chicken breasts (It´s a really useful technique to create a good thickness of chicken fillet):
- Put a chicken fillet on a chopping board.
- Put your hand flat on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Be careful because you don´t want to cut all the way through to the other side!
- Open out the breast so that it resembles a butterfly.
- Do the same thing with another fillet.
- Pummel the butterfly chickens with a rolling pin to make it thinner.
- Put 2 tbsp of pesto to each butterfly (use homemade pesto). Leave 1 tbsp for serving.
- Make 2 rolls with chicken.
- Fix the rolls with toothpicks.
5. Add one teardrop of oil to the pan.
6. Fry the chicken rolls in the pan until brown. Do not turn them all the time. Only one time for the side.
7. Put the chicken rolls into the oven for 10- 15 minutes at 180 °C/ 356 F°.
8. While the chickens are in the oven make the salad. For the salad: chop all the ingredients and mix. Season it with salt, oil and vinegar.
9. Take the chicken rolls out of the oven and cut them with a sharp knife.
10. Serve with fresh pesto and salad.