Paleo Chicken Schnitzel that is gluten-free & dairy-free. Almond flour crispy crumble crust as a comfort food for quick low carb keto weeknight dinner.
Crumbed Chicken: Almond Flour Special
Sometimes I just feel like that I would like to have something fried when I’m in my comfort holiday zone. So, what’s better than a schnitzel, which crumb is actually made out of almonds! The best thing about it is that I barely notice the difference.
Healthy Alternative? Paleo Chicken Schnitzel?
I know that almond meal is more expensive than flour and white bread. However, in my opinion, it’s totally worth it! I’ll get my cravings for salty comfort food satisfied and at the same time, it’s so much healthier than deep-fried schnitzel with plain flour and breadcrumb. So, if you are looking for a healthier solution to enjoy schnitzel, then I definitely advise you to try this recipe.
Paleo Chicken Schnitzel Recipe (Keto, Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
Serve for 4 people
Time in Total: 15-20 minutes
Nutritional information (per serving): 370,4 kcal, Protein: 43,5 g, Net Carbs: 2,8 g, Fat: 19,5 g
- 2 chicken fillets (about 480 g/ 16,9 oz)
- 80-90 g (3,2 oz) almond flour (almond meal or just blended almonds)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, oregano
- 1-2 tsp coconut butter
- Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board and slice horizontally through the breasts to create 2-3 thin and even slices per breast.
- Flatten the chicken slices with a meat mallet.
- Put the almond meal into a bowl. Season it with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In another bowl beat the egg with almond milk.
- Put the chicken fillet into the egg mixture and then coat with almond meal mixture (press the almond mixture on top of the chicken, use one hand for egg wash and another hand for the almond meal).
- Heat (medium-high temperature) a frying pan with coconut oil and fry the one or two schnitzels at a time, cooking until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with vegetables and fresh salad.