Quick breakfast which is not coming from a box? Probably, I would always say yes to that! So, it´s gone be homemade granola. That crispy mixture of grain and nuts. You just have to do some prep and spend 15 minutes and your quick and easy breakfast for the next few weeks is ready for few seconds.
Honey Almond Granola
- 4 cups (9,4 dl) rolled oats
- ½ (1,1 dl) cup raw sliced almonds
- ½ cup (1,1 dl) roughly chopped raw almond (or silver almond)
- 1/3 cup (0,7 dl) linseeds (flaxseeds)
- ½ cup (1,1 dl) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (0,5) quinoa
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (0,7 dl) melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/3 cup (0,7 dl) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla seeds
- For serving: natural unsweetened yogurt or almond milk, suitable seasonal berries and fruit
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 347° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almond, seeds, quinoa, salt, cinnamon.
- Stir in the oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Turn the granola out onto your pan which is covered with baking paper. Spread it in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. After 15 minutes stir the granola. The granola is ready when it´s lightly golden. Open the oven door and let it cool completely (don´t stir anymore). The granola will crisp up as it cools.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serve with natural unsweetened yogurt and suitable seasonal berries and fruit. Try not to eat it all at once. It´s really addictive!
- 1 cup is about 2,3 dl.
- Remember that you can always go creative with granola and add whatever ingredients you would like to see in your granola.