Do you love coffee as much as I do? I just need my cup of coffee every day. No questions asked. In my opinion, good quality coffee is not bad if you just don´t drink it too much. There are many benefits of coffee. Most importantly it stimulates the brain because it blocks the function of an inhibitory neurotransmitter (in other words brain hormone) called Adenosine. So, when it blocks Adenosines, then increases activity in the brain. Of course, there are always some negative effects with coffee. It´s just we shouldn’t drink too much of it and then everything is gone be okay.
If you are also a coffee freak like me then you are gone love these coffee energy bites which can sit in your fridge for weeks and you can just enjoy them next to your coffee. However, these are usually gone after few days.
Coffee Energy Bites
- 200 g almond slices
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened, if you like more dark chocolate then put 2 tbsp)
- 2 dl juicy dates (or dry, but then you have to soak them in hot water for 5 minutes)
- pinch of salt
- 1 small espresso (about 20 ml)
- For decoration: about 20 g of almond meal or 1 tbsp cocoa nibs
- Blend almond slices, salt and cocoa powder in a food processor for few minutes.
- Add dates, espresso. Blend until smooth and it sticks together.
- Have a taste and add honey or maple syrup for your taste.
- If the mixture is a little bit wet and it´s hard to make balls, then take 1 tsp of mixture and put it on a tray. Do the same thing with rest of the mixture. Put the tray in a freezer for half an hour.
- Roll balls out of the mixture and decorate with almond meal* or cocoa nibs.
- Put them in the fridge for few hours until set. Keep them in an airtight container and use in a few weeks.
Notes: *How to make your own almond meal? Just blend almonds or almond slices until it looks like almond meal. But if you don´t have a very good food processor, then it´s better and quicker to use almond slices.