This recipe is something really simple and quick. You only need to remember to soak the lentils before and then it takes only 15-20 minutes to make the delicious meal. Lentils are really good for your health and you can enjoy something different instead of usual side dishes next to the chicken. Your body will smile after enjoying the source of fiber.
Chicken with Lentils
- 1 cups of whole green lentils or other lentils
- 1 chicken fillet
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp dry basil or other herbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 dl white wine
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 clove of minced garlic
- Soak the lentils overnight and after that rinse them.
- Cut the chicken fillet into pieces and season the chicken with herbs, salt, pepper and oil.
- Fry the chicken in a saucepan until it´s almost golden.
- Add garlic and chopped zucchini and fry about 30 seconds.
- Add soaked lentils.
- Add wine and cook until the alcohol comes out (about 5 minutes).
- Add fresh basil leaves and serve.