Cashew Blueberry Cookies
- 240 g cashew nuts
- 1 dl blueberries (you can use frozen as well)
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 350° F.
- Blend the cashew nuts into flour.
- In an electric mixer beat egg whites and salt at high speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to medium and gradually add honey (one tablespoon at a time). Return speed to high and beat mixture until stiff, shiny peaks form. Add vanilla extracts. Add grounded cashew nuts, blueberries and gently mix the dough.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet with a tablespoon or with a pastry bag. Top each with almond slices or almonds. Bake until cookies golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes and then transfer to racks to cool completely. If they stay, then they will get crispier.
- Use it in a few days.