These almond cookies are just fantastic. Sugar and gluten-free! Usually, in all almond cookies, recipes are a lot of sugar but I used honey instead of usual refined sugar. The taste is also so good!
- 240 g almond flour or almond slices
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 350° F.
- If you use almond slices, then blend the slices into flour.
- In an electric mixer beat egg whites and salt at high speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to medium and add honey (one tablespoon at a time). Return speed to high and beat mixture until stiff, shiny peaks form. Add ground almond mixture and vanilla extracts.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet with a tablespoon or with a pastry bag. Top each with almond slices or almonds. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes and then transfer to racks to cool completely. If they stay, then they will get crispier.
- Use it in a few days.