HOW DO I THINK ABOUT IT?
– Look for the body & hunger signals.
– No guidelines what & when I eat.
– Food choices regard to my feelings.
WHAT DO I TRY TO DO?
– Eat when I’m hungry & stop when I’m full.
– Trust my body & natural intuition.
– Separate physical hunger & emotional hunger.
– Avoid “easy” or “quick” weight loss.
WHAT DO I TELL MYSELF?
– Hungry? Eat.
– Full? Stop eating.
– Time to eat? Sit down + chew food.
– Emotional eating? Find solutions. Replace boredom hunger with “new” activities.
– No “forbidden” food (read more about it here)
– Exercise? Feel alive & energized. Get back your focus.
– Don’t want to workout? The mind is tired, not the body.
– Water? When my brain feels foggy, then my answer is always water (more about this topic here).
– Sleep? Mind keeps working. Also, usually the question is rather what I do when I’m awake not about sleeping (more about this topic here).
– Movement? Usually my mind is tired, not the body. (more about this topic here).
– Time for you? I like do have a digital detox (more about this topic here).
– Enough healthy fats? Fats keep me fuller for longer (more about this topic here).
DIET? NO, THANKS
I´m not a vegetarian or vegan. Also, I´m not on a keto, paleo diet or any diet. However, many of my recipes are just like that. Still, I tag some of my recipes by dietary preferences so that people can find what they love.
I don´t count calories or macros. On the other hand, I started to add the nutritional information to my recipes since my readers asked for that.
I try my best to understand what my body is telling me. I am obsessed with healthy foods.
For me, all the ingredients should be as less processed as possible. I always look for natural ingredients or grow the ingredients by myself. Quite often I like to follow some food combining “rules”.
I can’t complain. I find it the best way to enjoy food.
Even though I don’t like to post naked pictures on the Internet, I still have little abs. At least, when I’m not in a food coma and my workout schedule has been on point.
I say YES to healthy fats! In my menu, I’m obsessed with healthy fats, and my body uses it as an energy source. It keeps my mind clear and body toned (more about this topic here).