Easy low carb and keto beetroot carpaccio salad with goat’s cheese that takes only 10-minutes to prep and you will get marinated beetroots with balsamic vinegar that go a perfectly together with of fresh goat’s cheese and rocket leaves.
Beetroot + goat’s cheese = Perfect
I feel like beetroot and goat’s cheese is just a simple combination that you can’t go wrong with. These two ingredients are just married together. I feel like there are two options you either love it or you hate it. I love it!
Do I eat cheese? Avoiding dairy?
Some of you have asked me if I eat cheese. The answer is sometimes. Since my body doesn’t tolerate lactose very well, then I usually avoid dairy products (it doesn’t mean that I never eat it). I drink my morning coffee with cashew, hempseed or almond milk and I’m happy.
How can I be sure that dairy isn’t good for me? Bloated?
My food intolerance test confirmed my theory that most of the dairy products are not good for me. In addition, it might be a placebo effect but for me, it’s quite simple.
When I eat most of the dairy products, then I feel bloated and I end up with a stomach ache. My body just doesn’t digest this kind of food very well. I can’t see my abs anymore and I feel bloated. The end.
Food intolerance test + Parmesan + Goat’s Cheese?
However, the only exceptions here are good quality hard cheese (such as parmesan cheese) and goat’s cheese in reasonable amounts. Goat’s milk has slightly less lactose than usual cows milk and that explains it a little bit.
Also, the test somehow showed me that goat’s cheese and parmesan cheese are fine for me. That means every now and then when I feel like it, then I have some goat’s cheese or parmesan and it doesn’t upset my stomach. I can’t complain. These two ingredients are delicious!
Low Carb & Keto Beetroot Carpaccio with Goat’s Cheese
Serve for 3
Preparation: 10 minutes
Ready: 2 h 10 minutes
Nutritional information (per serving): 303 kcal, Protein: 5,7 g, Net Carbs: 2,6 g, Fat: 29,7 g
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry or freshly chopped thyme or oregano
- 3 medium raw beetroots (you can use different colors, peele and slice them thinly with a vegetable peeler or a food processor)
- 80 g goat’s cheese
- 3 handfuls of rocket
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Mix together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and thyme. Season with salt & pepper. Add the mixture on top of the sliced beetroots. Let it marinate about 2 hours or overnight.
- Take the beetroot out of the marinade. Serve the beetroots on top of the rocket leaves.* Add some goat cheese on top and drizzle with the marinade. Add some black pepper and sesame seeds on top.
* When you don’t serve the salad straight away, then serve the rocket leaves on top of the beetroots instead of the bottom. Otherwise, they will go a little bit too soggy.
If you liked this recipe, then please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylauracom or another platform. Your feedback is precious to me.