Basic paleo almond flour cake that is simple, easy, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Perfectly moist and airy quick almond meal cake.
My almond flour obsession
Sometimes I feel like I’m always out of almond flour in my home. No matter how much I order, I still manage to use up all the almond meal. I think it’s my favorite ingredient for the cakes.
No need for Butter? Fats?
The best part is that almonds are already full of fat and you don’t even need to use any butter or other oil to make it moist. Almond will do all the work and you don’t even have to worry about the dry cake. Okay, the only way is that you leave the cake in the oven for too long and it will go dry because of that.
Back to childhood: Basic Cake Slice
This cake here is the most basic gluten and refined sugar-free paleo almond cake that you can enjoy on its own or serve it with fresh berries. The choice is yours. It reminds me of my childhood biscuit that we used to eat in the summertime with fresh strawberries and whipping cream. I must say that it’s hard to make a difference with this almond meal cake and plain flour cake.
My other paleo almond flour cake recipes:
Moist + airy paleo almond flour cake
The best part is that it’s moist and airy thanks to almonds and egg whites mixture. I have used this recipe countless times with different flavors. It’s one of my favorites simple paleo almond flour cakes.
Basic Almond Flour Cake with Lemon Zest: Simple + Paleo + Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Gluten-Free
Time: Preparation 10-15 minutes
Baking 25-30 minutes
In total: 40-45 min
Nutritional information (per one cake slice): 154,7 kcal, Protein: 5,9 g, Net Carbs: 8,5 g, Fat: 10,7 g
- 1/4 tsp coconut butter
- 140 g (4,9 oz) almond flour (almond meal)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey + 1 tsp for egg whites
- ½ lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 347° F.
- Butter the 18 cm springform with coconut butter.
- Mix almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk together egg yolks, honey (and lemon zest).
- With an electric mixer with a clean bowl and clean whisk attachment, beat the egg whites (room temperature) until firm. Add vanilla extract and 1 tsp of honey. Mix well until the egg whites mixture is firm.
- With the spatula gently fold together egg whites mixture and egg yolks mixture (lifting the mixture down to top, don´t use an electric mixer at this time). Add almond flour mixture with a strainer. Gently fold with the spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the springform.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down a little bit before you take it out of the form. Enjoy!