Easy, quick, dairy-free paleo & keto garlic prawns marinade with herbs. A perfect treat on top of the paleo salads.
Obsessed with Seafood! How many times per week?
You might already know that I’m obsessed with seafood. It doesn’t matter if it’s a fish or other amazing ingredients that come straight from the sea. I’m in! Probably I eat seafood about three to four times a week and I can’t imagine my life without seafood.
Less meat or fish? Sugar Cravings
Every time I start eating less fish or meat and choose more vegan dishes my sugar cravings kick in. Yes, I eat healthy sweets but the problem is portion control. When I don’t eat enough fish or meat, then I can binge eat sweets all day long. That’s why I feel that seafood and meat are always going to be part of my menu.
Australia Seafood? Keto Garlic Prawns Experiment
I came up with this keto garlic prawns recipe when I was living in Australia. Obviously, prawns and other seafood choices in Australia are amazing. That’s why I had a chance to experiment with different recipes and one of my all-time favorite ones was this garlic recipe. All those herbs, lime and garlic mixture will always give that perfect combination for my prawns.
Keto Garlic Prawns (Quick Marinated Low Carb Paleo Snack)
6 tiger prawns
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ready: 45 minutes
Nutritional information (per 6 prawns): 210,1 kcal, Protein: 11,5 g, Net Carbs: 1,67 g, Fat: 17,6 g
- about 6 raw tiger prawns with tails (about 100 g, should look bluey-grey and once you cook them they turn pink, if you use frozen ones, then defrost them overnight in the fridge or put them in a cold water until defrosted)
- 1 minced garlic
- Seasoning: about 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt, a pinch of black pepper, 1/4 tsp basil & 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp coconut butter (when you use a pan for cooking)
- Firstly, marinate the prawns. Dry the prawns with a paper towel. Mix the prawns, garlic, herbs, olive oil, and lime juice. Let it marinate about 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Place the prawns on a hot barbeque (or heat the coconut butter and place the prawns on a hot pan). Cook until one side is pink and turn once. Continue cooking until the flesh is pink (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!*
* You can serve the prawns with fresh salad leaves, seasonal vegetables, fresh lime juice, and homemade pesto or avocado.