Easy and quick and light vegan gluten-free quinoa wrap recipe for lunch or dinner. Avocado will give the creamy texture and quinoa will bring some nice crunch. No need for grain wraps because with lettuce wraps we replace it with crunch Romain lettuce.
Lettuce Quinoa Wraps: Summer Comfort Food Alternative
The weather is so warm here and usually in these cases, all I want is something fresh. My latest obsession has been lettuce wraps with all kinds of fillings. The last few months every time I would like to enjoy comfort food, then I always end up eating these lettuce wraps.
Sometimes I add some fish bites as well. Other times I enjoy it only with quinoa and vegetables. The secret touch with lime juice and mint will give some extra freshness and make it all come together.
No need to follow a recipe: Go Creative
The best part with lettuce wraps is that you don’t have to follow the recipe. You can fill your wrap whatever ingredients you like. Therefore, add some extra smashed avocado, chicken or fish. The choice is yours. As a result, it’s great as a gathering snack. Everyone can choose their favorite ingredients.
You can prepare all the fillings and lay them on the table. Everyone can choose the ingredients they like and make their own wraps. You can prepare the quinoa salad few hours before and the lime juice will make sure that the avocado doesn’t go brown.
Quick Vegan Gluten-Free Lettuce Quinoa Wrap
Serve for 3
Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I usually do the meal prep and cook the quinoa for the next three days)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (you can use all different colors)
- 2 small diced avocados
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp fresh chopped mint
- salt & pepper
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp dry paprika
- 8-10 romaine lettuce leaves
- Mix quinoa, peppers, tomatoes, avocado, and mint. Season with salt, pepper, and dry paprika. Squeeze one lime and add the fresh juice to the quinoa mixture. Mix well.
- Serve the quinoa mixture with fresh romaine lettuce leaves.