Paleo almond truffles with white chocolate. Quick, easy, no-bake chocolate bliss balls recipe that is gluten-free, grain-free sweet treat with honey or maple syrup.
Travel Snack: I can’t help myself
I have been taking some time off and went snowboarding with family. However, if you know me, then I’m a huge snacker. For real. I can’t help myself. Usually, when I go on a trip, then I always make homemade snacks.
Usually I’m prepared
These almond truffles are one of the to-go travel snacks that I usually prepare before a road trip. Sometimes I find it quite hard to find some suitable snacks from the shop. Often, I choose some nuts or carrots. However, when I have had some time, then I always make some homemade energy balls.
My other homemade chocolate or energy bliss balls recipes:
Paleo Almond Truffles with White Chocolate (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
About 17-20 truffles
Preparation: 10 minutes
Time in Total: 15 minutes
Nutritional information (per one truffle, about 14 g): 78,6 kcal, Protein: 2,4 g, Net Carbs: 3,5 g, Fat: 5,8 g
- 180 g raw almond slices
- 1,5 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Decoration: 70 g white chocolate (choose for organic, paleo & refined sugar-free one when possible) & edible flowers or extra almonds
- Blend the almond slices in a food processor.
- Add honey, salt & vanilla. Blend until the almonds mixture starts to stick together and form a ball (about 3-5 minutes).
- Roll balls out of the mixture and put them in the fridge while preparing the other ingredients.
Option 1: Melt the chocolate. Drizzle the almond bites with melted chocolate. Decorate with edible flowers or nuts.
Option 2: Melt the chocolate. Dip the almond bites inside the chocolate with a toothpick. Decorate with edible flowers or nuts.
- Put them in the fridge for a few hours until set. If you can’t wait for your truffles, then put them in a freezer for about 5 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Keep them in an airtight container refrigerated and use it in a few weeks.