Almond Flour Waffles that are with honey. My favorite paleo fluffy grain-free & dairy-free paleo Sunday brunch with honey.
Struggled to find the healthy waffles I love …
There aren’t many “healthy” waffles that I like. Maybe I haven’t tried all of them but in my eyes, almond waffles are the winner. The most exciting part is that it’s hard to make a difference between these almond waffles and classic plain flour waffles.
They are fluffy and thanks to tapioca it stays together properly. The only difference is the cost of the waffle. However, let’s be honest how often do you really make these? Okay, maybe when you try this recipe you might be addicted.
Key to fluffy paleo almond flour waffles?
The best part is that thanks to egg whites foam will get almost like extra batter. The key to fluffy texture is whipping egg whites separately. When you use this method, then you will get the texture that is fluffy and the smell just tells you to eat it (if you are looking for crispy waffles, then read this post).
I think almond flour is my favorite grain-free flour. Thanks to the healthy fats it just makes sure that the baked goods aren’t dry. Instead, almost all the baked goods made out of almond flour are moist and perfect.
Fluffy Paleo Almond Flour Waffles Recipe (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
Time:15 minutes (preparation)+ 15 minutes (baking)
- 160 g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 4 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground vanilla pod
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml (homemade) cashew milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp melted coconut butter + some coconut butter for greasing the waffle machine)
- Mix all the dry ingredients (almond meal, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt and vanilla).
- Separate egg yolks and whites. Whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add honey (one tablespoon at a time). Add vanilla extract and whisk until soft peaks are formed. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks, melted coconut butter and milk into dry ingredients and whisk it together. Gently fold in the egg white mixture.
- Grease the waffle machine with coconut butter and add about 1-2 tablespoons of batter to the machine (depends on the machine). Repeat the same process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve right away with your favorite topping.