If you are like me, then you are obsessed with zucchini in a summertime. Still, if I think about it, then I enjoy it all year long. One of my favorites zucchini recipes is this keto zucchini fritters.
Yes, it’s quick! Yes, it’s gluten-free & paleo. Also, I used almond flour for this! Somehow I just don’t like the other gluten-free flours.
Zucchini Obsession: Yes, all the recipes
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. There’s just so many ways to use this amazing ingredient. You can make zoodles, soup, salad or bread. You can even use this little amazing ingredient in your baking or smoothies. Actually, it’s one of my favorite “unknown” ingredients in smoothies.
Zucchini Leftovers: Easy solution
All the leftover zucchini goes into my freezer and that frozen zucchini gives always the best creamy texture for the smoothie. The other great way to use it is next to your main course or as a snack. All you need to do is crumb zucchini slices with almond meal and your crispy zucchini snack is ready.
Simple recipes & zucchini obsession
As you probably noticed I’m obsessed with zucchini. This time, I’m going to share my favorite zucchini fritters recipe. It’s actually another recipe that I make really often.
However, sometimes I always forget to share this simple recipe. I have been making these fritters for many years and worked on this recipes until I was satisfied with the results. Now finally, I’m ready to share this little zucchini recipe.
Keto Zucchini Fritters with Almond Flour (Paleo & Gluten-Free)
about 6 fritters
Time: 15-20 minutes
Nutritional information (per one zucchini fritter): 78,9 kcal, Protein: 3,5 g, Net Carbs: 2,3 g, Fat: 6,2 g
- 300 g (10, 5 oz) zucchini
- 1 egg
- 50 g (1,8 oz) almond flour
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- Seasoning: pink Himalayan salt, pepper, chili flakes (optional), dry (or fresh) basil, oregano or other seasonal herbs.
- Grate the zucchini and place it in a bigger strainer. Add about 1/4 tsp of salt and toss to combine. Let it sit about 7-10 minutes. Squeeze out the water with your hands or clean towel or cloth.
- Mix together zucchini, almond meal, and garlic. Add egg and season with extra salt, pepper, chili, and basil. Form little balls out of the mixture and flatten it with your hands (add extra almond flour when you can’t form the balls).
- Heat the coconut butter in a large non-stick pan (medium heat). Add the zucchini “patties”. Cook until it’s golden on both sides (about 2 minutes). Therefore, you have to wait until it stays together properly. It’s like making pancakes. Once you start to poke it, then it might fall apart. Just be patient.
- Serve with fresh salad leaves cashew cheese or pesto.
If you liked this recipe, then please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylauracom or another platform. Your feedback is precious to me.
i’ve actually become a big fan of zucchini recipes lately! I tried some zucchini bread and these really good brownies with zucchini too. Now I definitely want to give your fritters a try next!
Same here. Zucchini is the best! Hope you enjoy these fritters as well! 🙂