Easy gluten-free chocolate quinoa bowl that has a creamy chocolate texture. It’s one of those superfood breakfasts that is perfect for the digestive system!
Latest Chocolate Quinoa Bowl Obsession & Quinoa Seeds? Yes, seeds!
This creamy chocolate quinoa bowl has been my latest obsession, and without noticing, I have been eating it for the last four mornings straight! I’m obsessed. Officially. The health benefits for these little seeds are endless. Wait, seeds?! Yes, quinoa is technically a SEED and it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals that are amazing for physical and mental health.
Soaked Quinoa? Save time in total!
My secret for creamy quinoa bowl is soaking the quinoa overnight. Yes, I know that it sounds annoying to soak it overnight. However, I always tell myself not to be lazy and ask how long does it take to make that extra effort?! All I need to do is pour some water on top of the quinoa, and that’s it.
(I also like to soak my millet and chia seeds as you can see from my previous recipes. It’s just activated nuts, seeds, and grains are so much better for our digestive system that I always try to make that extra effort to soak them. Well, almost always. I’m still a human.).
How hard can it be!? In the end, I save time on cooking, and it is so much easier to digest! I literally can feel that my body smiles once I have had this magical warm breakfast bowl.
Chocolate Quinoa Bowl for Breakfast (Dairy & Gluten-Free)
Serve for 2
Preparation: 1 minute (+ soaking the quinoa in the water overnight or at least 2 hours. If you prefer not to soak the quinoa, then the cooking time is longer, and you need a little bit more water)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Nutritional information (per one basic serving with coconut milk and without any topping): 242, 8 kcal, Protein: 8,7 g, Net Carbs: 31,7 g, Fat: 7,1 g
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa (soak and rinse overnight or at least few hours, once it’s soaked it’s more than half a cup)
- 1 cup hempseed, coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp raw cocoa powder
- 1,5 tsp honey or another sweetener (optional, use maple syrup or another sweetener for vegan option)
- For serving: apple or berries & raw chocolate (optional)
- Place the soaked quinoa (don’t use the water where you soaked the quinoa) in the small pot and add water. Bring to a boil and cook until all the water is almost gone (about few minutes). Stir.
- Add milk, vanilla, ground flaxseeds, and salt. Bring to a boil and immediately lower the heat to low.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes on low heat and stir sometimes to make sure that it doesn’t burn at the bottom of the pot. Add some extra milk when needed (when you don’t serve it straight away, then you might need to add some extra milk).
- Serve with your favorite topping.
If you liked this recipe, then please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylauracom or another platform. Your feedback is very valuable to me.