Paleo pumpkin pancakes made out of almond flour, pumpkin spice, butternut pumpkin. Easy & quick colorful autumn butternut squash pancakes.
Vegetables? Sweet Treats? Eee…
To be honest, whenever I see some sweet desserts with vegetables, then I’m always suspicious. It just doesn’t sound right!? However, when I finally try them, then I’m still amazed. Somehow vegetables such as zucchini, beetroot, sweet potato or butternut pumpkin are always a good idea not only for savory meals but also desserts. They give that extra delicious juicy kick to all the desserts. Trust me!
Don’t notice! Secret!
The best part is that you can eat vegetables without noticing it. Therefore, you can hide them into sweet treats to get some extra texture. Just don’t tell anyone what is inside the pancake! Once they like it, then you can finally reveal your secrets. 😅
If you still don’t feel like experimenting with pumpkin, then I have some banana pancake recipes here and crepes recipe here. Also, I always forget to mention, that now you can find some of my recipes at Side Chef app! Somehow I only shared that news on my Instagram stories. The other day I just used that app and made my crepes. Also, the best part is that it has a VOICE GUIDANCE and you can easily follow the recipe step-by-step by telling the phone “NEXT” or swiping the screen. 🙂
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe (Almond Flour + Pumpkin Spice + Butternut Squash + Gluten Free)
Serve for two (about 8 small pancakes)
Preparation: 5 minutes + 10 minutes waiting time
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ready: 20 minutes
Nutritional information (per one serving, about 107 g, without topping): 153,1 kcal, Protein: 5,6 g, Net Carbs: 14,6 g, Fat: 7,7 g
- 100 g (about 1/2 cup) butternut pumpkin (butternut squash) puree (if you don’t have it, then simply steam or boil diced butternut pumpkin until soft and blend it in a food processor)
- 1 tbsp honey (or another sweetener of your choice)
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted coconut butter (+ some for baking)
- Optional: 2/3 tsp pumpkin spice (or make your own: 1/2 tsp cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg & cloves, 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- For serving (optional): 1 banana, pinch of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp hemp hearts
- Mix all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, honey, melted coconut butter, and an egg). Combine all the dry ingredients (almond flour, pumpkin spice, salt & baking powder).
- After that, mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature 10-15 minutes. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with coconut butter.
- Add 1 tbsp of pancake batter to the pan and cook until the pancake is almost firm (about 2 minutes on one side, be patient). Carefully turn the pancake and cook for another minute. Repeat the process with rest of the pancake batter.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
Honestly, the way you stacked those pancakes basically made me fall in love! haha I love this recipe already, i’ll probably give this a try tomorrow morning or the next!
Yay! Thank you! I’m so happy to hear that and I hope that you love the recipe as well! 🙂