When I first tried the raspberry and coconut combination in the ice cream I was quite surprised. These two ingredients work perfectly together. This pink little girls dream brings out the freshness and sweetness. A few years ago my friend gave me a book called „The Favour Thesaurus“ by Niki Segnit as a gift. It opened my creativeness! I really recommend that kind of book if you like to experiment in the kitchen. This book just draws you a flavour combinations about almost all the main ingredients. Many combinations I already know like chilli and chocolate but there are many ingredients that I wouldn´t combine even in my dreams. Of course, coconut and raspberry combination is also mentioned there!
Coconut and raspberry ice cream came to my mind while I was reading that book. Then I decided to creat a vegan paleo coconut and raspberry ice cream. Many ice creams are full of cream but it´s possible to make vegan, paleo, dairy and sugar free ice cream which is tasty. At least even my not vegan and not paleo boyfriend liked it.
Vegan Raspberry and Coconut Ice Cream
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml frozen raspberries
- 5 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- After freezing inside the mix: 1 dl frozen raspberries and 1 dl shredded coconut
- Blend all the ice cream ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- From that point you have two opportunities. If you have an ice cream maker, then you should do as the ice cream maker says (every ice cream maker is different but I used frozen yogurt program). When you don´t have an ice cream machine then look at the notes.*Add extra raspberries and coconut when the machines tells you to add it.
- When the machine has done its work keep it in an air tight container and enjoy it whenever you feel like it. But when it´s overnight or longer in a freezer, then it´s good to take it out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving (or 20 minutes in a fridge).
- Serve it with a little bit of coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
* Put the ice cream into the freezer and stir it in every 15-30 minutes (about 3-4 times) until it´s like ice cream. Add the raspberries and coconut when you´re gone stir it the last time. Put the mixture into the freezer for few hour and enjoy! Keep it in an air tight container and enjoy it whenever you feel like it. But when it´s overnight or longer in a freezer, then it´s good to take it out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving (or 20 minutes in a fridge).