It´s spring … The sun is shining every day more and the days are longer … But I just can´t wait the summer green! Every day I just watch my little tomatoes and herbs growing on my window sill. I just can´t wait until I can plant them on the balcony and in the greenhouse.
I can´t wait for the summer fresh home planted vegetables and green salads and herbs. Because of that, I did a green spring soup. Just to see the summer green which is almost like summer green.
In my opinion, the frozen vegetables aren´t as bad as sometimes have been told. Usually, the frozen vegetables are put in the freezer freshly. Frozen vegetables sometimes have more nutritious than the ones which have been long weeks on the supermarkets and sometimes even longer time on the way to the supermarkets. However, if the frozen vegetables are already melted then they should not be frozen again.
Serve for 4
- 400 g frozen green peas
- 2 cloves of freshly minced garlic
- 5 dl chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 0,75 dl unsweetened whipped cream
- 10 bacon slices
- Some fresh leaves
- Boil the peas and garlic 5 minutes in the bouillon.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Beat up the cream and add ¼ of the cream in the soup.
- Serve with 1 tbsp of whipped cream, bacon, fresh leaves and freshly grounded pepper.