These might look like tortilla chips or nachos but they aren’t. There isn’t any oil inside the “chips” and they are rather like crackers. It’s super easy to make them and they are super crispy and even crispier when you use baking stone.
Spicy Crackers with Turmeric Hummus
- 3,5 dl whole grain wheat flour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp chilly flakes (+ some for topping)
- 1 tsp sea salt (+ some for topping)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (+ 1 tsp for topping)
- 1 tsp flaxseed (+ 1 tsp for topping)
- 1, 7 dl warm water
- 400 g canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ½ squeezed lemon
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ – 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 glove minced garlic
- salt, pepper, chilly flakes
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor (except topping ingredients). While the machine is running, then add the warm water and let it process until there forms a ball (when it’s too wet, then add some more flour).
- Remove the dough and work with the dough for about 30 – 45 seconds.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting make the hummus. Blend all the hummus ingredients in a food processor are season. Set aside.
- For the best crispy results use a baking stone (or pizza stone). Preheat the oven with a stone to 250° C/ 480° F.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces (work with one piece of dough at time while other are in the oven).
- Lightly flour the work surface, rolling pin and hands. Roll the dough into large and very thin layer (you can do it straight on a baking paper to make it easier to move the dough). Sprinkle the dough with extra seeds, salt and chilly flakes (press them a little bit inside the dough with rolling pin).
- Cut the dough with pasta or pizza cutter. Sprinkle a little bit with water spray.
- Bake about 4-5 minutes until lightly golden (be careful they might burn quite quickly). Some are crispy straight away some crisp when they cool down.
- Do the same thing with the rest of the dough.
- Serve with hummus.