Simple and healthy snack!
Roasted Sweet Potato and Beet
- 1 small peeled beet
- half of the medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- a pinch of crunched sea salt
- For the sauce (optional): 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt, 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, 1 clove of minced garlic salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C/ 428°F.
- Peel the beet and cut it in thin pieces (the beet should be thinner than sweet potato because otherwise it will cook longer).
- Cut the sweet potato into pieces.
- Put the vegetables into hot pot (do not mix them because beet will turn the sweet potato red)
- Add olive oil, salt and oregano.
- Mix them a little bit.
- Cook the vegetables in the oven 20-25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are in the oven prepare the sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Serve with the cold sauce.