I´m so excited about my new recipe. It´s now one of my favourite desserts. Coconut and raspberry combination is just amazing together! These cakes just disappeared from the fridge and I was lucky that I even got something.
Raw Raspberry & Coconut Mini Cheesecakes
About 7 medium size cheesecakes
- 1/3 cup blended cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3-4 dates (soaked 5 min in hot water)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1,5 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked (about 6 hours or overnight) and strained
- 75 ml chilled coconut milk (use the thicker part of coconut milk)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2,5 tbsp coconut oil
- 0,5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50 ml blended raspberries
For decoration: raspberries and coconut
- Mix together all the crust ingredients and press the crust at the bottom of the silicone muffin tins cases. Put the muffin cases into the freezer while making the filling.
- Blend all the filling ingredients except raspberries into a smooth consistency. Transfer the filling on top of the crust. Tap the cakes on the table to flatten the filling and help a little bit with the spoon. Add blended raspberries and lightly swirl the two mixtures together with a fork or a toothpick. Decorate with raspberries.
- Freeze the cakes about 3 hours or overnight.
- Take the cakes out of the freezer about 30 – 45 minutes before serving (or 2 hours in the fridge). Decorate with coconut and serve.
*In addition, if you are going to plate up the cakes, then you can make the extra sauce. For the sauce, you will need 1/2 tbsp quality raw honey, 200 g raspberries (frozen or fresh). Put the raspberries into a pan and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 5 minutes and then add honey. Stir until dissolved. Cool down the raspberry jam.