Here is my Mother’s Day cake slice! Super easy to make and healthy! The main ingredients are just nuts and nuts again! All you need to do is blend, add, blend, add, blend and wait! So, if you also don’t have any idea what to give your lovely mother, then here’s an idea. Homemade healthy cake slice! Super creamy and the taste is still super good even if it’s healthy! However, try not to eat it too much! I ate too much and I had a stomach ache. It’s full of energy!
This week I have made this cake slice for three times and after working on the flavors the recipe is finally ready. The first ones I made didn’t have that nice yellow color. So, I decided add some color with a special ingredient! It’s turmeric! Don’t worry it doesn’t taste like curry! Instead you still have that nice lemon taste which balances the sweetness!
Raw Vegan Lemon Slice
- 100 g almond meal
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- pinch of vanilla (I usually use vanilla bean or crushed vanilla)
- 1 tsp coconut butter (without coconut taste)
- 150 g soaked cashews (soaked overnight or at least 6 hours, but if you need it quickly you can use warm water. However, soaking overnight is always the best solution)
- lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of vanilla
- 1,5 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (without coconut taste)
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used 1 lemon)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- lemon zest
- some edible flowers
- Blend all the crust ingredients in a food processor until it sticks together. Press the mixture at the bottom of the box (19 x 12cm) which is covered with baking paper.
- Blend cashews with lemon zest, salt and vanilla until smooth. Add rest of the ingredients except turmeric and blend until smooth.
- Pour ½ of the cashew mixture on top of the crust.
- Add turmeric and blend until smooth.
- Pour the rest of the cashew mixture on top of the cake to make some layers. Mix with a fork.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight (if you need it quickly, then you can use a freezer for some hours).
- Cut cake slices and decorate. Enjoy!
Also, you can always freeze the cake slices and you always have something special in the freezer.
This one here is made without turmeric. So, it’s not as yellow. However, the lemon taste is still there!