It was a long time ago when I first time tried to make almond butter but then came out marzipan! 🙂
Marzipan is an elastic paste usually made of grated, powdered almonds and powdered sugar. In the store, the marzipan is usually full of sugar and again sugar. I love marzipan! Unfortunately, the sugar is not good for my health and because of that, I worked out a healthier way to enjoy the sweet taste.
- 120 g unsalted sliced almonds
- 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 seeded vanilla bean or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Place sliced almonds (do not add honey at first!) in a food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground and will stick a little bit together.
- Add honey and crunched vanilla bean. Pulse to combine.
- You should end up with is a mix that appears rather like cake crumbs, but that when pressed, will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, mix more).
- Take the paste and make small balls.
- You can hold the marzipan in a small box or in a tin-foil paper in a refrigerator. Enjoy!