It’s time! You can’t image how long I have been waiting for those wild mushrooms straight from the forest! Mushrooms are finally here and I’m the one who goes straight to the forest for mushrooming. The time what I spent in the nature is just always the time well spent! Some fresh air and walking in the forest and my mind is just clear again. In addition, when I can have my dinner straight from the forest, then I’m just in heaven!
Creamy Paleo Butternut Pumpkin Mushroom Pasta
serve for 4
- 450 – 500 g butternut pumpkin (butternut squash, cleaned, peeled)
- 350- 400 g chanterelles (or other mushrooms)
- 2-3 slices of bacon (optional, leave it out when you want it vegan or vegetarian)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1-2 gloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup (about 1,2 dl) soaked cashews
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-7 tbsp cashew milk
- For seasoning: salt, pepper, turmeric, dry paprika, Cayenne pepper, fresh basil
- Clean the butternut pumpkin. Cut ribbons with vegetables peeler (they should look like tagliatellles).
- For the creamy sauce, blend all the soaked cashews. Season for your taste. Add olive oil and cashew milk.
- Heat the saucepan and bake the bacon (if you use it). Add diced onions and fry for few minutes.
- Add garlic and fry for 15 seconds and then add mushrooms. Season and cook until most of the water comes out.
- Add zucchini tagliatelles and cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the creamy cashew sauce, season and let it simmer for a few minutes.