I’m in the middle of my spring exams, and every time I need to study a little bit too long, I can feel that my brain is craving chocolate. You might have noticed that I’m a hopeless sweet tooth. So, I need my chocolate! Usually, I try not to buy chocolate because in many cases it’s full of refined sugar and I have been trying to avoid white sugar. I just think that in the long run the white sugar makes me lazy and it’s also not good for my brain. Not to mention that my skin goes very bad when I eat too much white sugar. I’m usually quite lucky with my skin, but I can still see the results from my skin when I’m eating unhealthy.
Don’t get me wrong. I love chocolate, and sometimes I even buy chocolate! It’s just when I have a choice, then I usually read what’s inside the chocolate. I try to pick the organic one who doesn’t have any white sugar (or synthetic sugar) inside the chocolate, and I try to make sure that it’s made of real cocoa butter.
However, this kind of chocolate is a little bit too expensive. So, I have been buying my cocoa butter for more than three years. I have been exploring the cocoa butter in the kitchen for some time and here is one of my favorites chocolate and nut snacks. Firstly, I think it looks good and secondly, it tastes good! This kind of snack helps me a lot while I’m trying to study for my exams. Also, it’s easy to make. It takes me only 5 minutes to put together, and the rest of time it just needs some time to set.
Cashew White Chocolate with Roses
- 150 g cashews
- 70 g honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ¼ tsp vanilla pod seeds
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 40 g organic cocoa butter
- 1 tsp edible dry roses
- Blend cashews with salt until almost powder.
- Add honey and vanilla and blend until combined.
- Melt cocoa butter on low heat.
- Add melted cocoa butter to the cashew mix.
- Press the mixture at the bottom of the box (or tray about 17 x 9 cm) which is covered with baking paper.
- Decorate with roses.
- Put the chocolate in the refrigerator for few hours until set.
- Cut some chocolate pieces with a sharp knife and enjoy! (Use the chocolate in a few weeks. However, my box didn’t last more than two days)