Happy New Year! I hope you all had a nice evening yesterday and you ate a lot of good food! I had an amazing night with my friends and I had a chance to eat wonderful Italian food!
However, today I´m gone give a quick and simple smoothie idea which is compare to my other smoothies I have here vegan and dairy-free. Just that you can start your new year with some energy. Some of my other smoothie recipes are here: blackberry smoothie with coconut chips, mango lassi, raspberry and blueberry smoothie, smoothie bowl, raspberry and mango bowl.
Why this smoothie is good?
- Blueberries & Raspberries –nutrients, such as fiber, vitamin C, K and manganes. They are also full of antioxidants, such as flavonoids. They are good for skin, eyes, blood pressure, brain and memory.
- Chia seeds – Most importantly they are good source of fiber, protein, good fats, omega 3, calcium and magnesium, antioxidants. All that high fiber and protein helps to lose weight. They are food for your bones and heart.
- Almonds – good source of vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, iron. It´s good for brain, heart, weight loss and energy boost.
Berry Smoothie Cup
- 125 ml almond milk
- 1 handful blueberries (or blackberries)
- 2 handfuls raspberries
- 3 juicy dates (or dry which are soaked in a hot water for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 handful almonds
- Blend almond milk with dates, blueberries and raspberries.
- Mix chia seeds inside the smoothie (let them soak* in a smoothie for 15 minutes while you take your morning shower).
- Serve the smoothie with blueberries, raspberries and almonds.
- It´s important to soak the chia seeds before eating because they will digest better that way and you will also get all the good benefits better while soaking them.