I am a hopeless sweet tooth. I know that sugar isn´t good at me at all but you know there´s better candies too. You can make your own truffles which aren´t bad for you health! You can make it with dark chocolate which is a powerful source of antioxidants, nutritious etc. The marzipan which I do is sugar free. Almonds as you all know are also good for you!
Almond Marzipan Truffles
- 130 g of Laura´s marzipan
- 75 g of dark chocolate (it´s better when it is 70 % or higher cocoa or look for vegan chocolate)
- a few peeled almonds for decoration
- Melt the dark chocolate in the hot water bath. Avoid all contact with water! Chocolate will seize and become unworkable if it comes into contact with even a few droplets of water. Make sure your bowls, workstation, and spatulas are completely dry. Melt the chocolate slowly over low heat. Chocolate is very delicate and can become lumpy or grainy if overheated.
- Take ta Laura´s marzipan balls and place them into the melted dark chocolate with a toothpick.
- Place the truffles on the tin-foil paper and decorate them with peeled almonds.
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.