One day I realized that there´s 5 zucchinis in my fridge. My mum has just so many zucchinis in her garden. So, when there´s a season then I can eat zucchinis almost every day if I would like. However, I don´t mind. There are so many ways of using zucchinis. I remember that when I was travelling in Russia I learned so many new recipes for zucchini. Russian housewives are just masters of using zucchini or eggplant. In the summer time you can find zucchini on the snack table covered with mayo, basil and tomato. The zucchini is hidden in the soup, stew or it´s just grilled next to meat. The secret ingredient in their zucchini dishes is garlic. It´s just must be there to bring the best out of zucchini.
Zucchini Tagliatelles with Basil Pesto
- 2 medium zucchinis
- ¼ tsp coconut butter
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- 10 sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- Basil Pesto: 3 handfuls basil leaves (about 100 g), 3-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, handful raw cashews (about 3 tbsp), sea salt, freshly grounded black pepper, 1 glove minced garlic,1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Decoration: parmesan cheese, basil leaves
- Peel tagliatellle ribbons with vegetable peeler out of zucchini (don´t use the seeded part because it will fall apart easily, you can use it in a soup)
- For the pesto, blend all the pesto ingredients. Season for your taste.
- Heat the saucepan and add some coconut butter. Add garlic and fry for 15 seconds.
- Add zucchini tagliatelles and cook them for few minutes.
- Add ¾ pesto and leave the rest of the pesto for serving.
- Add sundried tomatoes.
- Cook for another minute and serve with parmesan and basil.