I’m gone be honest with you. I have A LOT of super easy recipes that I make almost every week or at least every month and I haven’t written them down because I feel like these are too simple. However, when I look at my blog stats and feedback, then I realize that you all love the simple dinner recipes.
Today I’m going to share one of my all-time favorite dinner recipes. To be honest, I don’t even have pasta at home and my favorite kind of “pasta” has been zoodles for the last five years. It just satisfies all my cravings for heavy and creamy pasta. The best part is that it tastes good and I feel light after eating an extra big bowl of chicken zoodles.
I must thank for the person who ever discovered the spiralizer because it makes everything taste so good! I’m quite sure that the dish wouldn’t be that good when I would just chop zucchini. The texture makes everything better.
Paleo & Keto Chicken Tomato Zoodles with Spiced Cashews
Serve for 3 people
Time in Total: 20 minutes
- ½ tsp coconut butter
- 1 medium diced onion
- 450- 500 g chicken fillets
- 2 minced garlic
- 2 zucchinis
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 7-10 cherry tomatoes (chop half)
- 100 g raw cashews + seasoning: turmeric, paprika and salt
- For seasoning: salt, pepper, dry oregano & basil
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add coconut butter and diced onions. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the onions.
- Dice the chicken into 2 cm pieces.
- Add chicken and minced garlic on a pan. Season with basil, oregano salt & pepper. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, spiralize the zucchini. If you don’t have special spiralizer, then just use your vegetable peeler and make ribbons out of zucchini.
- When the chicken is golden, then add crushed tomatoes and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, roast the cashews in another pan until golden. Season with paprika, turmeric and salt.
- Add spiralized zoodles (you might need to cut the zoodles shorter when they are too long), cherry tomatoes and season with extra salt when needed. Cook for another 1 minute then turn off heat.
- Serve the chicken zoodles with spiced cashews and fresh basil. Enjoy!