Sometimes I just feel like that I would like to have something fried when I’m in my comfort holiday zone. So, what’s better than a schnitzel, which crumb is actually made out of almonds! The best thing about it is that I barely notice the difference. I know that almond meal is more expensive than flour and white bread. However, in my opinion, it’s totally worth it! I’ll get my cravings for salty comfort food satisfied and at the same time, it’s so much healthier than deep-fried schnitzel with plain flour and breadcrumb. So, if you are looking for the healthier solution to enjoy schnitzel, then I definitely advise you to try this recipe.
Paleo Chicken Schnitzel
- 2 chicken fillets (about 480 g)
- 80-90 g ground almonds (almond flour or just blended almonds)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cashew milk
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, oregano
- 1-2 tsp coconut butter
- Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board and slice horizontally through the breasts to create 2-3 thin and even slices per breast.
- Flatten the chicken slices with a meat mallet.
- Put the almond meal into a bowl. Season it with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In another bowl beat the egg with cashew milk.
- Put the chicken fillet into the egg mixture and then coat with almond meal mixture (press the almond mixture on top of the chicken, use one hand for egg wash and another hand for the almond meal).
- Heat (medium-high temperature) a frying pan with coconut oil and fry the one or two schnitzels at a time, cooking until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with vegetables and fresh salad.