Zucchinis are ready in the garden and when it’s that time of the year, then there are zucchinis everywhere. So, I personally can eat lot of them only when I can cook the zucchini different ways. Otherwise, I can eat it for a week and then I would like to eat something else. But when I can get local seasonal zucchinis, then I just have to eat them as much as I can. One of my favourites ways to cook zucchini is crumbed! It’s like a salty comfort food that I just can’t skip once it’s ready. The recipe itself is super easy and you don’t have to follow the recipe as much. All you need are the ingredients and then just enjoy the process of making them and of course the best time is always the eating part.
Crumbed Paleo Zucchini (Gluten Free and Dairy Free)
- 1 smaller zucchini
- about 90 g almond meal
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp cashew milk
- for cooking: 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Slice the zucchini.
- Put the almond meal into a bowl. Season it with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat the egg with cashew milk.
- Put the zucchini slices into the egg mixture and then coat with almond meal mixture (press the almond mixture on top of the zucchini, use one hand for egg wash and another hand for almond meal).
- Heat (medium-high temperature) a frying pan with coconut oil and cook the zucchini until golden brown on each side.
- Serve the crumbed zucchini as a snack or as a side dish for other meals.