This recipe here is something classic with modern kick of magical cauliflower couscous. So, instead usual classic couscous you can fool yourself with cauliflower and you are able to eat more vegetables.
Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Couscous
Serve for 3
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder (or mix together 2 tbsp turmeric, pinch of dry coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cardamom)
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1-2 fresh sliced chilli peppers (Remove the seeds if you don´t want it too spicy, I like it spicy so I leave them inside)
- 1/3 cinnamon stick (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 2 chicken breast fillets (butterfly and cut into ribbons)
- 200 ml blended tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (1,7 dl) coconut milk
- 1 chopped capsicum
- ½ cup (1,1 dl) green beans
- 200 g fresh cauliflower
- ½ tsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Heat olive oil on a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, ginger and chilli pepper. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces, blended tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower couscous. Blend or grate the cauliflower until it looks like couscous. Heat coconut butter on a saucepan and then add cauliflower. Season with salt. Stir. Lower the heat and add 3 tbsp water. Leave it to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and cinnamon from the curry.
- Serve the curry with cauliflower couscous.