It´s summer and ice cream is a perfect summer dessert. Even more, in this summer the wood is somehow full of strawberries. Really! So strawberry ice cream … Who doesn´t like ice? In the store, you can buy ice creams which are full of sugar and other preservatives. I even heard that someone forgot a market ice cream outside the freezer and 12 hours later on a warm day the ice cream didn’t melt. How is this even possible? A normal ice cream should melt but it didn´t …
So instead of buying the ice cream, I decided to do the ice on my own. There are many ways to do homemade ice cream. If you have an ice cream maker then you shouldn´t even read that. But if you don´t then read on. However, this time I didn´t do a classical creamy ice. I tried to make the ice cream healthier. So, instead of using the cream I used curd and believe me or not the result was very good! Of course, it tasted a little bit like curd cream but I like curd!
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 200 g curd (or you can use ricotta as well)
- 2 dl wild strawberries or usual strawberries
- ½ banana
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (with alcohol or vodka)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional, depend on how sweet you like it)
- Some strawberries for topping
- Blend together all the ingredients (as I have told before vanilla extract with alcohol or other strong alcohol prevents freezing the ice cream too much).
- Put the cream in the freezer and stir it in every 15-30 minutes (about 4 times) until it´s like ice cream.
- Serve with fresh strawberries (if the ice cream stays a few days in the freezer then take it out about 10 minutes before serving).