Try this chocolate mousse recipe which is healthy! It´s paleo, gluten and sugar free! You won´t taste the avocado at all! Egg whites will give the airiness which must be in mousse.
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse
Serve for 3
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4-5 dates
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened natural Greek yogurt or unsweetened natural yogurt (optional)
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 fresh strawberries
- Blend together avocado, dates, cocoa powder, yogurt until smooth.
- In a different bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1 tsp honey and beat until stiff peaks form. The egg foam should be firm. (Doing the egg white foam it´s very important that the dishes are clean and dry. How to be sure that the egg white is ready? Turn the bowl with egg whites upside down. The egg white foam should be in the bowl even upside down, not on the floor).
- Gently fold together the whipped cream mixture and the egg mixtures. The best way is to add 1 tbsp of egg mixture into avocado cream and mix well. After that try to fold the egg white mixture gently whit the spoon from down to up.
- Gently put the mixture with layers into individual serving glasses with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate at least 2-4 hours.