It´s summertime and there´s so many occasions where to make a cake. Furthermore, strawberries are ready and they are perfect for decorating the cake. Mmmm … desserts are my favourite and I love doing cakes…
For the crust
- 1 tbsp butter melted or coconut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 200 g almonds (in the food processor made in flour)
- some vanilla seeds
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder (without sugar)
For the filling
- 800 g Philadelphia cheese, or other full-fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 200 ml carton whipping cream (not whipped into thick and no extra ingredients like sugar)
- 1,5 dl strawberries (blended into jam)
- About 400 grams of strawberries for decoration
- 30 grams of almond slices
- Some raw chocolate (1 tsp of cocoa butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder, ½ tsp honey)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/ 347°F.
- For the crust, melt the butter and cocoa butter over low heat.
- Blend the almond into almond flour. Mix almond flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, honey, coconut palm sugar with butter. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the 24 cm spring form (do the edges too) and put it into the refrigerator while doing the filling.
- For the filling, mix the soft cheese with vanilla, honey and maple syrup at medium-low speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add whipping cream.
- Add 0,5 dl of fresh strawberry jam into the cream to get some colour.
- Continue on low speed until it´s like cream, but don’t over-beat. The batter should be smooth, light and airy.
- Take the springform out of the refrigerator.
- Pour in the filling.
- Add fresh strawberry jam. Stir with toothpick or fork.
- Cover the springform with folium and put it in the bigger pan into the oven.
- Pour some warm water into the pan. The springform should be halfway or 1/3 in the water bath. Make sure that
- no water gets into the cake. The bottom of the cake form and edges should be covered with folium, then there won´t get water inside.
- Bake for 45 minutes. (It´s better if you don´t open the door)
- Turn off the oven and let the cake rest in the warm oven for 1 hour.
- Let the cake cool in the room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- The cheesecake gets thicker if it stays.
- Run a round-bladed knife around the sides of the tin to loosen any stuck edges.
- Unlock the side.
- Do the raw chocolate: melt together 1 tsp of cocoa butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder and ½ tsp honey. Mix well.
- Slather raw chocolate on the edges of the cake and add sliced almond on the top of the chocolate.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries.