I have always been a fan of granola which is full of nuts and seeds. I hate it when there’s too much dry fruit or oats which aren’t crispy. I’m the one who searches for that one nut in the granola. When I was little, then I secretly ate all the nuts inside the granola and then left everything else in the package. Now I would leave all the grains and raisins there if my conscience could allow me to do that. That’s why I created my dream granola recipe. Full of nuts, seeds and coconut chips. I could eat this granola all day long.
Like always making the granola is something creative. You don’t have to strictly follow the recipe. I usually use all the possible ingredients I have in my cupboard and play around with them. Quite often I don’t even have to go to the store and I can just put together some of my favourites.
Nutty Grain Free Granola
- 2 dl raw cashews
- 1 dl sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- 1 dl raw desiccated coconut
- 2,5 dl raw coconut chips
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- some ground vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 347° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (if you prefer you coconut lightly baked, then add it later (after baking rest of the granola for 5-7 minutes)).
- Stir in the wet ingredients (melted coconut butter and honey).
- Turn the granola out onto your pan, which is covered with baking paper. Spread it in an even layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. After that stir the granola and bake another 5-7 minutes (add coconut if you didn’t add it the first place). The granola is ready when it´s lightly golden. Open the oven door and let it cool completely (don´t stir anymore). The granola will crisp up as it cools!
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serve with natural unsweetened yoghurt or homemade nut milk and suitable seasonal berries and fruit or smoothie. Try not to eat it all at once. It´s really addictive!