These coconut cookies are paleo, gluten and sugar-free! Enjoy the goodness of coconut with this quick and simple recipe.
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 350° F.
- Mix together coconut, almond meal.
- In a different bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1 tsp honey and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. The egg foam should be firm. (Doing the egg white foam it´s very important that the dishes are clean and dry. How to be sure that the egg white is ready? Turn the bowl with egg whites upside down. The egg white foam should be in the bowl even upside down, not on the floor).
- Gently fold together the coconut mixture and the egg mixtures.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet with a tablespoon or with a pastry bag (you can use your hands as well to make the coconut balls).
- Bake until golden (about 10-15 minutes).